|About Operation Family Help
Operation Family Help provides financial assistance for needs not covered by health insurance. Families in crisis
residing in Missouri or the St. Louis and Kansas City Metropolitan Areas are referred by physicians working with these families.
Operation Family Help is administered by the Board of Signature Healthcare Foundation, a 501(c) 3 nonprofit, through an application process.
Amounts awarded vary depending on the family situation and on the dollars available.
Types of Assistance
The fund provides support to families with financial issues which could negatively impact health care provision.
Examples of types of support provided include:
- Provision of physical therapy or purchase of needed equipment for a Cerebral Palsy patient who has exhausted health insurance benefits
- Support for extended stay for out of town families when a patient needs a family presence for optimal care and comfort
- Adjustable shoulder split for an 8 year old burn victim, needed for best progress in range of motion.
Each situation and need are unique to the family in need.
The following criteria must be met in order for a request to be eligible for consideration:
- Eligibility is only by referral from a physician or their previously designated office staff
- A family member must be a patient diagnosed with a serious, chronic or critical illness, disability or condition requiring medical attention
- The family must be experiencing financial challenges as a result of the patient’s medical condition
- Information about families and patients are confidential
- Operation Family Help does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other factor.
- Payments are made to a vendor or 501(c)3 organization providing service, not directly to families
Your donation to Operation Family Help makes an impact in the lives of families in crisis helping them continue to thrive as they go through the crisis of having a sick family member.